TAKE THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR LEADERSHIP JOURNEY
Discover the Model that is Transforming Individuals, Teams, and Organisations Worldwide
27 to 30 July 2020
Four Online Sessions of
The Serving Leader Webinar
Becoming an effective leader isn't a one-time event or destination.
It's a journey requiring ongoing growth, support, and learning. Based on positive feedback from senior management of major NPOs and alumni of the Serving Leader Seminars and Programmes since 2016, Integrative Learning Corporation and Newton Institute are pleased to offer another online seminar on The Serving Leader Model.
This proven leadership approach has been a catalyst for dramatically transforming individual leaders, teams, and organisations worldwide. Based on the best-selling book, The Serving Leader, this training will equip you and your teams with practical strategies to awaken, align, and achieve great purpose.
1. WHO are you?
DNA: What is your organization’s unique design?
2. HOW will you operate?
Values: What are the guiding principles that define your organization’s behavior and priorities?
3. WHAT will you accomplish?
Mission: What’s the story you want to tell in 2-3 years?
4. WHY do you exist?
Great Purpose: Why does your work matter and how will you make the world a better place?
You will learn how to:
• Discover the power of a fully awakened workforce.
• Clearly define your mission and vision.
• Fully engage and align your teams.
• Create a serving culture.
• Ensure values are practiced, not just preached.
• Improve team unity and productivity.
Like the way the course is “tailored to the leadership team and discussion/learning is contextualized”
Divisional Director, AMKFSC
"Benefitted greatly from the course because “John has summarized the key learnings and contextualized the Serving Leader Model to our current leadership framework. He has kindly affirmed our work and enhanced our thinking/plans to bring it to be an even stronger plan. I am looking forward for sustainable ideas on cascading and embedding the Serving Leader culture in AWWA”
Director, HR Headquarters, AWWA
Aspect of the course appreciated most is “the template and bring a deeper understanding on linking Vision, Mission, Values to what we do”. Will recommend this course to others “because the Word forms the bedrock of this program”
Chan Foong Yee
Head, Human Resources, All Saints’ Home
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Session 1: Opening
• General Overview
• High-Performance Culture
• The Serving Leader Compass
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Session 2: Run to Great Purpose
• Understanding the primary, daily preoccupation of great leaders.
• Connecting each employee directly and powerfully to the compelling vision.
• Creating vision communication plans to embed purpose throughout the organisation.
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Session 3: Raise the Bar & Blaze the Trail
• Clarifying and defining values in measurable and behavioral terms.
• How to strengthen a culture of values in the hiring process.
• Practicing the values out “at the fingertips” of the organisation
• Discovering and teaching “critical to success” disciplines of your organisation.
• Regularly reviewing practices and processes to eliminate waste.
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Session 5: Build on Strenghts & Upend the Pyramid
• Aligning strengths to team responsibilities.
• Transforming delegation practices for stronger performance and engagement.
• Building a culture of continuous learning and growth.
Conclusions and Take-Aways
At the end of the webinar, you will:
1. Learn the holistic Serving Leadership framework, not a compilation of unrelated, “one-off” topics.
2. Gain an overview of the 5 Action of the Serving Leader Model that are transforming individuals and organisations worldwide.
3. Discover the relevance of the Serving Leader Model for your organisation.
4. Learn the significant impact your organisation’s vision has upon employee engagement, and how to transform vision into mission and strategy.
5. Discover how to identify, define, and operationalise core values and embed these values into the everyday practices of your employees.
6. Clarify your central mission focus—what your organisation does best to serve your clients —and gain discipline in removing barriers and avoiding “mission drift.”
7. Build stronger teams by matching each person’s capabilities and passion to assignments where they can contribute most.
8. Empower your team members through effective delegation so you, your team, and your organisation can reach full potential.
PAST PARTICIPANTS' FEEDBACK
BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY NOW!
Based on the evaluation summaries of 724 participants who attended the Serving Leader (SL) seminars and in-house programmes,
•88% rated the five SL actions relevance to their current work
•83% achieved fulfillment of their personal expectations
• 78% would recommend the SL practices to their contacts.
Sign up for the 13th run of The Serving Leader Seminar
– Early Bird: S$1300.00 by 16th July
– Full Price: S$1700.00
– 10% Discount (5 pax and above)
• BEST-SELLING AUTHOR
• RENOWNED THOUGHT LEADER
• INSPIRATIONAL SPEAKER
World’s 50 Greatest Leaders
“The principles found in John’s best-selling book,
The Serving Leader, lend exceptional support to leaders seeking transformation in their personal lives and in their organizations.”
Dr. John Stahl-Wert is a best selling author, speaker, and acclaimed authority in the field of leadership development. His focus is helping individuals, organizations, and communities worldwide to embrace and implement the principles of Serving Leadership.
John’s presentations and workshops encapsulate a lifetime of real-world experience successfully helping leaders to awaken, align, and achieve great purpose through a practical, holistic leadership framework known as The Serving Leader Model. These principles are described in John’s best-selling book, The Serving Leader, and consist of simple, practical, and actionable leadership behaviors found in thriving businesses and organizations around the world.
As an entrepreneur who successfully launched multiple for- and non-profit organizations, John understands the challenges of life and leadership that enables him to quickly and authoritatively connect with the hearts and minds of his audience.
His presence in the room – his passion, his transparency, and his practical wisdom – stirs vision, encourages hearts, and equips listeners to grow in their leadership journey.
John serves as the president of Newton Institute which provides leadership development training and resources to aspiring, emerging, and existing leaders around the world. John also serves as Adjunct Faculty for the Ray Bakke Centre for Urban Transformation in Hong Kong.
John’s best-selling books have been translated into nine languages, sold more than 120,000 copies, and have garnered praise from top leadership experts Ken Blanchard, Henry Cloud, Max DePree, Frances Hesselbein, Laurie Beth Jones, and William Pollard.
DR. TAN BEE WAN
INTEGRATIVE LEARNING CORPORATION
DR. TAN BEE WAN is a social worker, consultant, kingmaker, lecturer, and businesswoman.
She is Executive Chairman of Integrative Learning Corporation (ILC) Pte Ltd Singapore, a 28-year-old premier training and consultancy practice in customization of leadership and management interventions. Together with a cadre of over 50 international trainers and consultants, she has led consulting and training projects for government ministries, statutory boards, government-linked organizations, multi-national companies, private organizations, and schools. In 2010, she led the ILC team in training more than 2,000 lead volunteers and staff for the Singapore Youth Olympic Games 2010.
Bee Wan is known for her strong strategic insights and demonstrated influence in setting up national and international platforms for NPOs. She was instrumental in the setting up of Community Chest of Singapore in 1984, the first centralized fundraising body for charities, under the chairmanship of Dr. Ee Peng Liang. In 2014, she worked closely with Laurence Lien and Stanley Tan, two renowned philanthropists in Singapore, to set up the Asia Philanthropy Centre (APC) a membership platform for Asian philanthropists to jointly grow the impact of their philanthropy and to catalyse an Asian philanthropy.
During her tenure at Singapore Council of Social Service (NCSS), she worked with great volunteer leaders to establish the first hospice centre in Singapore, the first integrated social service centre in public housing estate, which set the pace for FSCs, and the first early intervention programme for children with special needs, which is now a part of all special education programmes for social services agencies. The success of the SCSS and CCS work led to the government full funding of the operating costs of SCSS and CCS in 1992 and increased funding in special schools and secondment of special education teachers from Ministry of Education to special needs schools.
As Chief Executive Officer of Tsao Foundation, she worked closely with Dr. Mary Ann Tsao and her team of professionals to set up the first one-stop integrated care for frail seniors at the Tiong Bahru Plaza in 2012. To further deepen her engagement with seniors, she founded ACE Seniors, a social enterprise with the mission of empowering 50+ years old and enabling them to remain relevant and a source of inspiration for their community
Bee Wan served in the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Board 13-member Advisory Panel appointed by the Ministry of Manpower from 2015-2016 to study possible improvements to the CPF system. The aim is to make CPF more flexible to meet the needs of more Singaporeans and to provide more options in retirement.
She is currently serving on the Board of the South Central Family Service Centre to help develop a needs-driven and community-owned FSC model.
To continuously engaged young minds on social enterprises and social innovation, she designs and teaches courses on Social Entrepreneurship for NUS-MBA students, Honours and Masters Social Work Students.